Rockborn Management Consultants have worked extensively within the FE Sector on a number of strategic level assignments including:
- All aspects of the merger project management for the following FE College and Sixth Form Colleges:
• Wyggeston and Queen Elizabeth I College with Regent College Leicester. Merger date 31st March 2018
• Southport College and KGV Sixth Form College. Merger date 31st January 2018
• Cheshire College – South and West (initially a four-way merger). Merger date March 2017
This included all aspects of project management including the creation of implementation plans with work streams, recruitment of Principal and Executive Team, developing governance structures including the membership of the new Board, public consultation, all aspects of HR and TUPE including the establishment of a new contract of employment, policies and procedures and the associated consultation with staff and unions and reporting to the Merger Steering Group on a monthly basis.
- Successful completion of the Transaction Unit Restructuring Application
• Southport College and KGV Sixth Form College.
• Cheshire College – South and West.
- Two assignments acting as ‘Broker’ between sets of Governing Bodies identifying common ground and barriers to potential mergers. Successfully negotiated agreement in both assignments.
- Review of salary structures for a merged college evaluating the differentials between staff of the partner colleges where pay awards had not been applied or differentially applied and mapping options and costs to return to the AoC Scales
- Conducted ‘Strategic Options’ workshop for a Governing Body evaluating their future strategy
- Lead on the independent evaluation and feasibility studies for five Colleges to establish their options prior to the Area Wide Reviews. The reports and associated presentations for the Governing Bodies detailed recommendation for future action including formal collaborations and mergers and the benefits and risks associated with this.
- Review of the STEM Curriculum for a LEP City Region
- Recruitment of a Chief Executive for two Further Education Colleges.
- Led the turnaround at a FE College with a full staff restructuring including all support services, implementation of changes to management pay structures and teachers conditions, savings amounted to £2.5m including full and open consultation with staff and unions
- Restructured both business support and curriculum staffing to save £5 million whilst Principal
- Regular speaker at national events and on the AoC Senior Leader and Governor programmes.
- Independent Review and benchmarking of job descriptions, person specifications and salaries for two FE Colleges
- Mentoring a number of FE Principals